Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

In Everything, Give Thanks

I love long road trips by myself, especially when I've been so busy I can hardly think straight. The long country roads, windows down and cruise control set allows me to just simply be me and clear my head.

This past weekend I drove to Nacogdoshes for a graduation. I was in the car by 5am, with my coffee and I LOVED IT! While driving a started thinking about how crazy my life has been lately: busy, emotional, so many people pulling different directions, decisions, temptations, schedules, events etc...etc... *sigh* Then I remembered this verse. "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in EVERYTHING give thanks." .... In everything, give thanks.

When I truly stop and take a moment to evaluate my life - in the  midst of the daily drama and stress - I honestly become overwhelmed by thankfulness. I have a GREAT life. I LOVE my life. Even when I don't like the circumstances of my life - I LOVE  my life. My thankfulness is not based on any temporary fulfillment, "perfect" circumstance or because thing are going the way I planned (because, believe me, they're not), it is simply an overwhelming thankfulness because I know this is the life I am meant to live, the life God has allowed  me to live. 

I have this photo as the screen saver on my phone:
And I always want the answer to be "living," not just existing. Life as Rx'd means embracing the craziness of life and being thankful, in everything.

I am thankful for the the drama, the people pulling in different directions, the decisions  I have to make, the temptations I face, the schedules and events and craziness (you don't have to necessarily like it to be thankful).... I am thankful - because it means I am living a full life.

We all have a choice - we can choose to be thankful or we can choose to be miserable.


"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for many things, Chelsea - one of which is that you are part of my family and life. Bless you and keep up the good work!
    "May the Lord watch between me and thee while we are absent - one from the other."

    ReplyDelete